The espresso machines in the world are constantly expanding, many companies are looking for espresso machine technician.
Our professional course for repairers and maintenance of espresso coffee machines is structured in collaboration with espresso machines companies (as Elektra and others) and designed to create figures of technicians to be also hired.
In two very full days the course for maintenance of espresso coffee machines starts with machines built with different technologies; from the heat exchanger machines to the spring-lever, the double boiler and the more modern machines. Then we proceed seeing the setting and installation of the espresso machines and we follow with the basic maintenance, the replacements of worn elements, the variations in pressure and temperature and the most common damages as descaling.
The coffee machine maintenance course is certified Italian Barista Method and the company is ISO certified.
Book Your Course
The course starts at 9:00 a.m. and finishes at 6.00 p.m. with a short lunch break. The Espresso Academy is in Cairo
Program of the Course
- The different types of machines: lever, heat exchange, Faema E61 Model, double boiler and multi boiler.
- Installing a new machine: wiring and tubing.
- How to regulate temperature and pressure of a professional machine. Extraction profiles.
- Setting the volumetric dose in semi automatic machines.
- Types of filters and competition shower heads.
- Introduction to the characteristics of water: measuring TDS, Hardness and Alkalinity.
SOLVING THE MOST COMMON PROBLEMS
- Problems that depend on temperature and pressure.
- Basic troubleshooting (if this happens what could it be)
- Steam Wands: when to change the tip (and how many holes)
ORDINARY AND EXTRAORDINARY MAINTENANCE
- Daily maintenance
- How to pull and replace shower heads and gaskets
THE COFFEE GRINDER
- Types of coffee grinders (on demand, dosing grinders, flat or conical burrs, steel or ceramic)
- How to replace old burrs in a grinder
To this two days course it is possible to add a third day which examines the world of home Machine
THE HOME MACHINES
- Coffee in capsules machines: the different standards (Nespresso, Lavazza, Saeco and other hybrids) their maintenance and the most common problems.
- Paper pods machines, standards and troubleshooting
- Superautomatic machines: coffee grinder and integrated espresso machine. Different models, maintenance and more common problems.
Espresso Academy Diploma
All attendees will get certified from the “Espresso Academy” upon passing their exams. If you wish to attend SCA certified courses, you will have to reserve your spot in accordance with our trainers.
The cost includes the handbooks of the course. The third day for those who took part in the basic course. (Egy 4500 for the three days)
You will be able to do practical exercises
Coffee Training Manager
I have 14 years’ experience in the field of coffee, my interest and passion for coffee started since I was 12 years old, when I watched a video for latte arts, from here, it was the beginning to enter this world with lot of passion and intricacies. I started my work at the age of sixteen, and worked in many companies in this field and my main goal was reaching a high level in the field of coffee and my first concern was to spread the coffee culture strongly between my friends and the clients that I dealt with during my period of work, and finally, and after a long wait, I entered the Italian Academy of Bind Egypt through Bind Egypt (Blend) with my wishes of success to the passionate and loving of the world of coffee.
Robert is the epitome of the third wave, with his long beard and great passion for coffee! He´s from Holland and takes care of all the english courses, communication and is also the trainer for the technical and machine maintenance course!