Coffee Brewing Course
A complete path that begins with the examination of the differences among the various brewing methods and the several different techniques. Then, is the moment for the practice and the experiments, with the use of the refractometer and the tests about the main concepts of brewing: ideal cup, turbolence, TDS, and so on. For each tool (V60, Aeropress, Chemex, French press) we do many practical tests, also varying the parameters as grinding, temperature, paper or metal filters, and so on. All with a selection of different specialties and farm coffee…
And, at the end: Cold brew for all!!
Check the video of the course here below!
The course starts at 9:00 a.m. and finishes at 6.00 p.m. with a short lunch break. The Espresso Academy is in Cairo
Program of the Course
- Introduction to the new world of coffee brewing: brew ratio, timing of pour, turbulence,temperatures and other parameters.
- The best coffees for brewing
- The concept of TDS and the use of the refractometer.
- The various tools of brewing: Aeropress, V60, french press, Chemex, cold drip.
- Basic practice with these tools.
- Extractions aeropress and V60 with various coffee roasted for filter
- Modifying the grinding, brew ratio and temperature; evaluating how these parameter modify the organoleptic sensations in the cup.
Espresso Academy Diploma
All attendees will get certified from the “Espresso Academy” upon passing their exams. If you wish to attend SCA certified courses, you will have to reserve your spot in accordance with our trainers.
The cost of the course is 3500EGY and includes the handbooks of the course.
Coffee Training Manager
I have 14 years’ experience in the field of coffee, my interest and passion for coffee started since I was 12 years old, when I watched a video for latte arts, from here, it was the beginning to enter this world with lot of passion and intricacies. I started my work at the age of sixteen, and worked in many companies in this field and my main goal was reaching a high level in the field of coffee and my first concern was to spread the coffee culture strongly between my friends and the clients that I dealt with during my period of work, and finally, and after a long wait, I entered the Italian Academy of Bind Egypt through Bind Egypt (Blend) with my wishes of success to the passionate and loving of the world of coffee.
Robert is the epitome of the third wave, with his long beard and great passion for coffee! He´s from Holland and takes care of all the english courses, communication and is also the trainer for the technical and machine maintenance course!