This course starts from the knowledge of the different sorts of coffee: Arabica, robusta, Liberica, washed, natural, Monsooned and so on. Then we visit the roasting company, seeing how the coffee is professionally roasted and blended.
After, is the moment to start working. How to do a perfect espresso, with a perfect grinding degree and a perfect tamping. How to froth the milk for a perfect Italian cappuccino. How to do latte macchiato, espresso macchiato and espresso shakerato.
At the end, very important for barista and home barista: espresso machine cleaning and maintenance!
Check the video of the course here below!
Book Your Course
The course starts at 9:00 a.m. and finishes at 6.00 p.m. with a short lunch break. The Espresso Academy is in Cairo
Program of the Course – Day 1
- What is coffee, a bit of history and knowledge of the different species : Arabica, robusta and other hybrids.
- The coffee process: picking, stripping, washed and dry method.
- Introduction to roasting and blending. Visit to a roasting plant.
- Tasting of a good and a bad espresso. Tasting different Arabicas and Robustas, finding differences.
- The preparation of Espresso, dosing, grinding and tamping.
- The Cappuccino in theory and in practice. Milk frothing: the SCA standards, more or less frothy, more or less hot.
- The classic Italian preparations: Latte Macchiato, Caffèlatte, Espresso Macchiato , Shaked Coffee etc.
- An introduction to the world of Brewing: V60, Aeropress and other methods.
- Knowledge and cleaning of the Espresso machines. Descaling, backflushing, cleaning of the grinder.
It´s possible to add a second day to this basic course, which goes into the world of advanced espresso and barista competitions.
The cost of the course is Egy 3000. and includes the handbooks of the course.
You will be able to do practical excersises
You will receive the official Espresso Academy certificate
At the end of the course you will be able to do the SCA Barista Skills foundation level certificate. Please inform us when you sign up for the course. You can also apply for the Barista Skills Intermediate and Professional SCA certificates. Find out more information about SCA by clicking on this link.
Coffee Training Manager
I have 14 years’ experience in the field of coffee, my interest and passion for coffee started since I was 12 years old, when I watched a video for latte arts, from here, it was the beginning to enter this world with lot of passion and intricacies. I started my work at the age of sixteen, and worked in many companies in this field and my main goal was reaching a high level in the field of coffee and my first concern was to spread the coffee culture strongly between my friends and the clients that I dealt with during my period of work, and finally, and after a long wait, I entered the Italian Academy of Bind Egypt through Bind Egypt (Blend) with my wishes of success to the passionate and loving of the world of coffee.
Robert is the epitome of the third wave, with his long beard and great passion for coffee! He´s from Holland and takes care of all the english courses, communication and is also the trainer for the technical and machine maintenance course!