Do you want to enter the fascinating world of professional coffee tasting? Do you want to become a sommelier, a professional taster, maybe aiming for a Q-grader career?
It’s a complex journey, that begin learning about our sensory organs and recognizing the feelings that they send to us.
So you learn to smell and recognize, with a selection of aromas, the sensations that the different varieties of coffee bring to our nose.
Then is the time of taste, to recognize and evaluate technically (with different water-solution) bitter, acidic, body, aromatic and other sensations that coffee can give us.
At this point coffee, tests in cupping and espresso, to apply our knowledge to the bean we love most!
Book Your Course
The course starts at 9:00 a.m. and finishes at 6.00 p.m. with a short lunch break. The Espresso Academy is in Cairo
Program of the Course
- The aim of the coffee tasting. The organs of sense involved in coffee tasting: eyes, nose, mouth.
- What is, and how to use a coffee tasting sheet.
- Tasting Espresso, filter, brewing
- The phases of the coffee tasting: visual, olfactory, assessing, tactile and aftertaste.
- Acidity, bitterness, sweetness, mouthfeel and aromas:the use of professional terminology.
- What is it the cupping, the professional system of coffee tasting.
- Cupping of several coffees in single origine: from the robustas to the best washed arabicas…
- Tasting of several espresso in singe origine and blended.
What about a little cupping competition?
Espresso Academy Diploma
All attendees will get certified from the “Espresso Academy” upon passing their exams. If you wish to attend SCA certified courses, you will have to reserve your spot in accordance with our trainers.
The cost of the course is Egy 3500 and includes the handbooks of the course
You will be able to do practical exercises
Coffee Training Manager
I have 14 years’ experience in the field of coffee, my interest and passion for coffee started since I was 12 years old, when I watched a video for latte arts, from here, it was the beginning to enter this world with lot of passion and intricacies. I started my work at the age of sixteen, and worked in many companies in this field and my main goal was reaching a high level in the field of coffee and my first concern was to spread the coffee culture strongly between my friends and the clients that I dealt with during my period of work, and finally, and after a long wait, I entered the Italian Academy of Bind Egypt through Bind Egypt (Blend) with my wishes of success to the passionate and loving of the world of coffee.
Robert is the epitome of the third wave, with his long beard and great passion for coffee! He´s from Holland and takes care of all the english courses, communication and is also the trainer for the technical and machine maintenance course!