We first start with the theory, proceeding then with a lot of practical exercises such as classification and cupping session of the different coffee varieties.
Getting to know the raw material in the best way is essential for the coffee roaster, but also for the barista to extract the best from his coffee and offer his client the most satisfying sensory experience.
Book Your Course
The course starts at 9:00 a.m. and finishes at 6.00 p.m. with a short lunch break. The Espresso Academy is in Cairo
Program of the Course
- Coffee botanics, Arabica and Canephora
- The origins of the Coffea plant
- Countries where the coffee plant can grow
- Coffee production worldwide
- Cultivation of coffee in the plantation, the harvest
- Process: Natural, washed, Pulped Natural
- Coffee drying: patio, African beds, mechanics
- Parchment removal
- The classification of green coffee
- Transportation and storage of green coffee
- Certifications related to green coffee (UTZ, Fair Trade and more)
- Coffee with or without caffeine
- Using sieves to classify green coffee
- Moisture measurement of green coffee beans
- Brazilian Cupping session
Espresso Academy Diploma
All attendees will get certified from the “Espresso Academy” upon passing their exams. If you wish to attend SCA certified courses, you will have to reserve your spot in accordance with our trainers.
The cost of the course is 4500 EGY and includes the handbooks of the course.
You will be able to do practical exercises
Coffee Training Manager
I have 14 years’ experience in the field of coffee, my interest and passion for coffee started since I was 12 years old, when I watched a video for latte arts, from here, it was the beginning to enter this world with lot of passion and intricacies. I started my work at the age of sixteen, and worked in many companies in this field and my main goal was reaching a high level in the field of coffee and my first concern was to spread the coffee culture strongly between my friends and the clients that I dealt with during my period of work, and finally, and after a long wait, I entered the Italian Academy of Bind Egypt through Bind Egypt (Blend) with my wishes of success to the passionate and loving of the world of coffee.
Robert is the epitome of the third wave, with his long beard and great passion for coffee! He´s from Holland and takes care of all the english courses, communication and is also the trainer for the technical and machine maintenance course!