Espresso Academy is an Italian coffee school, and we know how peculiar and distinctive is the italian coffee approach around the world.
This is why Espresso Academy adheres to the Italian Barista Method, the system that foster the knowledge of the Italian espresso in every aspect, from the history to the “secrets of the barista”
In this course, that is joined with the barista courses, we learn the history of Italian coffee and the Espresso machines development, the best blends for the different regions of Italy, the correct preparation of the real cappuccino, marocchino, shakerato. Also we learn a very important added value for an Italian barista: be able to be very fast and efficent! At the end an exam to pass (with two levels) will certify our knowledge of the Italian Barista, to find the best job or to open our own Italian coffee shop!
Book Your Course
The course starts at 9:00 a.m. and finishes at 6.00 p.m. with a short lunch break. The Espresso Academy is in Cairo
Program of the Course ITALIAN BANCONISTA (Basic LEVEL)
- What is coffee, a bit of history and, knowledge of the different species : Arabica, robusta and other hybrids.
- The coffee process: picking, stripping, washed and dry method.
- Introduction to roasting and blending. Visit to a roasting plant.
- History of the Italian coffee and history of the technology of the espresso machines
- How the cup changes changing varietals and roasting degree, the best blends and aromas for the different parts of Italy
- Standards and preparation of the Italian espresso, dosing, grinding and tamping.
- Standards and preparation of the Italian cappuccino: right frothing, right colour, right temperature for Italian standards.
- The classic Italian preparations: latte macchiato, caffè macchiato, caffèlatte, babyccino, shaked coffee, nutellino, affogato…
- A lot of practical exercise on the counter situation and training the speed!
- The special culture of coffee in Trieste and Naples
- The spoon code, to communicate with no words among collegues in a crowded counter…
- Cleaning of the espresso machines. Descaling, backflushing, cleaning of the grinder.
- Final Banconista Exam
ITALIAN BARISTA (Advanced level)
- History and characteristic of the different coffee varietals: from Typica to Geisha
- Chemical and organoleptic changes of coffee in the roasting process
- Roasting profiles for Italian espresso
- The technical assessment of espresso: visual, aroma, taste, tactile, aftertaste.
- Different brew ratios for italian standards
- Water for coffee: how to measure and evaluate
- Different regional preparations: bicerin, leccese, zabaione, padovano etc
- Build your own Italian recipes: ideas for a menu
- A chemical point of view on milk
- The latte art: main rules, hearth, rosetta and tulip
- Being fast at the counter: exercise to be ready to beat your country record
- Final Barista Exam
Espresso Academy Diploma
All attendees will get certified from the “Espresso Academy” upon passing their exams. If you wish to attend SCA certified courses, you will have to reserve your spot in accordance with our trainers.
The cost of the Basic barista course and the cost of the additional day of preparation about Italian Barista Method plus the exam has a cost of Egy 3000
You will be able to do practical exercises
Coffee Training Manager
I have 14 years’ experience in the field of coffee, my interest and passion for coffee started since I was 12 years old, when I watched a video for latte arts, from here, it was the beginning to enter this world with lot of passion and intricacies. I started my work at the age of sixteen, and worked in many companies in this field and my main goal was reaching a high level in the field of coffee and my first concern was to spread the coffee culture strongly between my friends and the clients that I dealt with during my period of work, and finally, and after a long wait, I entered the Italian Academy of Bind Egypt through Bind Egypt (Blend) with my wishes of success to the passionate and loving of the world of coffee.
Robert is the epitome of the third wave, with his long beard and great passion for coffee! He´s from Holland and takes care of all the english courses, communication and is also the trainer for the technical and machine maintenance course!